FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS DIRECTORATE
Mandate of Finance and Accounts Directorate
The Finance and Accounts Directorate is mandated to develop financial management policies and strategies for the Corporation and also see to the implementation and achievement of Financial Corporate objectives.
Organization Framework of Finance and Accounts Directorate
The Finance and Accounts Directorate is headed by the Director Finance and Accounts. It has three Departments i.e. Kampala Water Metropolitan Water Supply Infrastructure Development, Kampala Sanitation Metropolitan Sanitation Services Infrastructure Development, and Water and Sanitation (WATSAN) Infrastructure Development-Other regions. It also includes the WATSAN Infrastructure Planning & Program Management unit.
Vision; ''to be a proactive Customer focused Directorate providing world class services in Finance."
Mission; 'To continuously enhance innovative, viable and value for money operations in NWSC by providing high quality Financial Services'
The KRAs of the Finance and Accounts Directorate include;
1. Manage projects and accounts
2. Establish systems controls and procedures for financial and accounting systems to achieve corporate objectives.
3. Direct installation and maintenance of accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property and related procedures and controls.
4. Design, manage and monitor reporting systems to all departments and aid management decisions in achievement of stated objectives regarding revenue, profitability and market share.
5. Prepare statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenue.
6. Direct the maintenance of ledgers, journals, accounts receivable, revenue depreciation, cost, property, operating expenses, insurance etc.
7. Oversee bank work regarding documents, inward/outward remittances etc.